HSS Click and Collect
Collecting your equipment has never been easier or safer. Order on hss.com or via our app and we’ll use our nationwide network and our market-leading digital platforms to quickly and safely provide your equipment.
We’ve now created an appointment portal to ensure you’re safe when visiting one of our 90+ nationwide click and collect locations and we’ll send you detailed communications throughout your click and collect journey. From order confirmation, right through to equipment handover, we’ll keep you up to date every step of the way. And of course we’ve implemented rigorous new working practices to ensure both our customers and colleagues are always COVID-19 safe.
Ordering online is the best way to use the click and collect service. As you check out online, simply choose the closest HSS click and collect location. We’ll send you an order confirmation email with a link to our click and collect appointment portal. Here, you can specify a pick-up time that suits you, you'll be notified when your order is ready to collect, and we’ll have your kit ready and waiting when you arrive. From the moment you order to when you return the kit, we’ll guide you safely through. Please do not attend an HSS branch without an appointment.
If you are ordering on hss.com and want to pick up your equipment rather than having it delivered, please make sure you follow the process below:
- Shop as normal and select ‘click and collect’. Insert your postcode to bring up your nearest click and collect branch, input the required dates and click ‘add to basket’ to proceed
- You may then be asked if you need any extra items depending on your required kit, once confirmed press ‘proceed to basket’
- Review your basket summary and add in your payment details to complete your order. Please make sure when prompted you provide your mobile number so we can keep you updated on your order status.
- An order confirmation will be provided via email once the payment has gone through
- Upon receiving your order confirmation email, there will be a link to our appointment portal where you can select a time to pick up and drop off your equipment
- Please only arrive at an HSS location at the time of your appointment; you will not be served otherwise. Upon arrival, our portal will guide you through the process sending push notifications with your order status. Please remain in your car and follow instructions.
Please note; if you are hiring from one of our Builder’s Merchant locations, our contact-free click and collect service will be operating slightly differently. To find out more click here
Contactless Equipment Pick Up Process:
- After booking in your pick up time via the appointment portal (found on your order confirmation email), you now have a confirmed pick up time and date. Please only attend the HSS branch at that scheduled time.
- When your order is ready for collection you will be sent a notification via our portal. That communication (which will be either an email, text or push notification depending on your preferences) will contain a button which reads ‘I’m on my way’. Click that button when you set off and our team will get your equipment ready. You will then be sent instructions for your arrival.
- When you arrive at branch, click the ‘I’m here’ button on the portal and sit tight. You have then alerted our team that you’re waiting for your equipment and someone will be with you shortly. Please don’t press the button until you’re in our car park. At this point, we ask that you gather your paperwork for checking such as your identification and contract numbers and remain in your vehicle.
- When your pick up is complete, you’ll receive an email with photographic proof of a successful pick up for your records (from mid-October 2020 onwards).
Please note; if you ever get stuck and lose your link to the customer portal please go back to your original order confirmation email and click the link again.
Contactless Equipment Return Process:
- At the same time that you booked your collection time and date via our appointment portal, you should have also confirmed your drop off requirements. Again, like before, please do not attend an HSS location without a scheduled appointment, we will not be able to serve you. If you haven’t yet selected your drop off time and date, please open your order confirmation email and click the link to the portal, where you can choose your appointment. But don’t worry, if you forget to book your appointment, we’ll send you a reminder around 24 hours before your equipment is due back
- Upon arrival at HSS, please remain in your vehicle, follow the “drop off” signs and our colleagues will be with you shortly. When instructed, you should offload the equipment into the safe zone and get back into your vehicle.
- Our team will then examine and photograph the equipment. This photo will be included on the proof of drop off which will be emailed to you later.
- Once advised by the operator, you may leave the site and photographic proof of your equipment drop off will be emailed through to you for your records (from mid-October 2020 onwards).
Customer notice - no assisted lifting between HSS staff and customers is permitted due to COVID-19. To assist with equipment unloading, there will be available a sack barrow/pallet truck/ lifting table as required. These will be sanitised after each use, we encourage you to please wear gloves and take infection precautions. You must ensure that you can move and unload the equipment safely yourself without causing injury or damage. HSS are not responsible for any personal injury or vehicle damage caused whilst unloading your own vehicles.