NEW LOW DELIVERY CHARGES
All online orders now charge a set fee of £5 each way for the delivery and collection of your HSS equipment. Meaning, as long as you’re less than 30 miles from the HSS branch fulfilling your order you’ll only be charged £10. If you’re more than 30 miles away, delivery and collections will now be charged at a flat rate of just £15 each way, no matter how much equipment you hire from us or how far away you are. Simply place your order at hss.com or in our app and the new transport fees will automatically be applied at check-out.
- Offer is only valid for DIY customers without a HSS Trade Account. Offer only applies if the delivery and collection location remains the same and is less than 30 miles from the delivering HSS branch (which will be determined at HSS’s sole discretion). Delivery/collection over 30 miles will be charged at £15.00 each way. Mainland UK only, offer excludes Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, and selected Scottish Highlands and Islands locations. This offer does not apply to all HSS Hire Group businesses. HSS reserves the right to cancel or amend this offer at any time. All orders are subject to HSS Terms & Conditions, available at hss.com.
HSS is here to help you to prepare for a controlled return to work in light of the Government’s latest update and we’re ready to support you in implementing COVID-secure standards in the workplace. From PPE equipment, queue control, lift and shift gear, wash stations and sanitisation solutions, we have the equipment you need and can help you implement hygiene and social distancing to make your workplace as safe as possible.
As the needs of our customers evolve over this difficult period, we are working hard to offer the best service we can, in the safest possible way. We are now able to offer a click and collect services in selected locations nationwide. We have taken extensive precautions to ensure the process is contact-free, click here to find out more. Deliveries and collections to and from site are also now contact-free, as detailed below.
HSS Transport COVID-19 Delivery Process
- Your delivery driver will call prior to delivering to confirm a plan of action with you
- Equipment delivered will be cleaned and sanitised using a sanitiser spray with particular attention to the touch points such as handles or triggers
- Upon arrival on site, your driver will again phone you to agree a suitable location to drop off equipment ordered. Social distancing must be in place of at least 2m from the HSS Driver
- Once equipment is dropped into a safe area the driver will take a photo of the equipment. This photo will be included on the Proof of Delivery which will be emailed to you on completion of the delivery
- The driver will then sign their smartphone on your behalf to log the delivery as complete and leave site
HSS Transport COVID-19 Collection Process
- At the end of the hire period, we will call you prior to collection to confirm a plan of action
- Upon arrival on site, your driver will again phone you to agree a safe area from which to collect the equipment. Social distancing must be in place of at least 2m from the HSS Driver
- Equipment to be collected will be cleaned and sanitised using a sanitiser spray, with particular attention to the touch points such as handles or triggers, to safely load and store it in our vehicle
- Once equipment is collected from a safe area the driver will take a photo of the equipment. This photo will be included on the Proof of Collection which will be emailed to you on completion
- The driver will then sign their smartphone on your behalf to log the collection as complete and leave site
Are branches still open to collect orders?
No. Most of our branches are closed. We are operating a contact-free delivery service from our distribution centres and we are also operating a limited click and collect service at a limited number of carefully selected locations. Click here to find out more. We are constantly reviewing the latest government advice and as soon as it’s safe to do so, we’ll open up again and normal service will resume.
Can I pay by cash?
No, payment is currently accepted by card or account only. This has been done to protect both colleagues and customers.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes, usually a deposit is needed for non-account customers. We will be in touch prior to delivery to take a deposit payment and confirm ID checks. Without this, your order will not arrive.
How do I contact you?
On LiveChat: On HSS.com, simply type a message into the chat window you will see at the bottom right of the page. One of our LiveChat Agents will respond and assist you, but please be patient as we are receiving a larger than normal volume of enquires.
By telephone: call your local branch: https://www.hss.com/hire/find-a-branch
Are all products available online?
The majority of our products are currently available online. If you need something but cannot find it, let us know using LiveChat.
Can I still open a trade account?
Yes, to apply for a trade account visit https://www.hss.com/hire/pre-register
Why is your warehouse still open?
We are carefully following all government advice and guidance and have put safety measures in place for all of our colleagues at our depots. We've taken additional steps to protect our teams as they work to support our customers. As well as ensuring social distancing in our depots and during delivery and collection, we have reduced shift numbers, staggering break and shift times, and have increased our already high standard of hygiene with more cleaning teams each shift, regular deep cleans and readily available hand sanitiser.
How much does delivery or collection cost?
Our rates for delivery and collection vary depending on your location; you'll receive a quote when you place your reservation. Deliveries are normally made from Monday morning until Saturday at noon. Please note, stores in Scotland are not currently operating deliveries or click and collect orders on Saturdays. Deliveries and collections under 30 miles from depot are £5 each way. Over 30 miles from our depot there is a charge of £15 plus VAT each way for delivering to or collection from an address. For large and towed equipment, additional charges may apply; these will be quoted before your hire or purchase is confirmed.
Free delivery is available in the UK only and excludes ROI, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and selected Highlands and Scottish Islands.