From RS PRO, this comprehensive file set features engineers and needle files suitable for professional applications. With bastard cut files for rough working and shaping, and need files for more delicate work, this kit is highly versatile. They feature ergonomic soft-grip bi-material handles to reduce fatigue.
Both high-quality sets are supplied in a durable EVA foam tool module for use in the RS range of roller tool cabinets and chests.
• 5x 200mm Bastard Files ( Cut Hand, Half Round, Round, Square, Three Square Engineer File.)
• 6x 160mm Needle Files (Flat, Hand, Half Round, Round, Square, Three Square File Needle File.)
Features and Benefits
• Ergonomic grip
• Lanyard hole in handles for working at height
• Bright red foam helps identify missing parts quickly
• Foam tool modules are designed for regular easy removal from drawers
Sometimes referred to as rasps, engineering files can be used for a number of smoothing and deburring purposes, and even to sharpen other hand-tools. They are suitable for use with many materials, including metal, woods, plastics and softer stones. Engineering files are often used in metal-working and might be used to tidy up drilled gauges in machinery housing, for example. The variety of shapes means they can be applied to many types of surfaces and workpieces.
How do I maintain my engineering files?
Files are prone to pinning- where a small chip of material from the workpiece becomes lodged in the teeth of the file. This can lead to an uneven application of the file. To help prevent this, some people coat their files with chalk, which prevents surface material from becoming stuck as frequently. File cards or wire brushes can be used to clean out the teeth on the file.
Compatible Tool Storage Units
• 753-1582 is an RS PRO 12 Drawer Wheeled Steel Tool Chest
• 753-1576 is an RS PRO 5 Drawer Wheeled Steel Tool Chest
• 753-1573 is an RS PRO 3 Drawer Wheeled Steel Tool Chest
Other Tool Modules are Available
• 833-5963 is an RS PRO Empty EVA Foam Module
• 833-5950 is an RS PRO 23 Piece Socket Set 1/2 in Square Drive
• 833-5957 is an RS PRO 29 Piece Socket Set 1/2 in Square Drive
• 833-5966 is an RS PRO 2 Piece Electricians Tool Kit
• 833-5947 is an RS PRO 39 Piece Pozidriv Screwdriver Set
• 833-5938 is an RS PRO 3 Piece Steel Plier Set
• 833-5972 is an RS PRO 3 Piece Plier Set
• 833-5931 is an RS PRO 3 Piece Plier Set
• 833-5929 is an RS PRO 4 Piece Steel Plier Set
• 833-5935 is an RS PRO 52 Piece Socket Set 1/4 in Square Drive
• 833-5969 is an RS PRO 5 Piece Rivet Tool Kit
• 833-5944 is an RS PRO 6 Piece Measuring and Cutting Tool Kit
• 833-5941 is an RS PRO 7 Piece VDE Phillips Screwdriver Set
• 833-5922 is an RS PRO 16 Piece Steel Combination Spanner Set
• 833-5913 is an RS PRO 15 Piece Hex Key and Screwdriver Set
• 833-5925 is an RS PRO 12 Piece Steel Ratchet Spanner Set
• 833-5953 is an RS PRO 11 Piece Engineer File Set
• 833-5919 is an RS PRO 10 Piece Electricians Tool Kit
Why RS PRO?
RS PRO aims to be your go-to brand for reliability and value for money. We source high-quality parts at great prices and test everything with our in-house experts to ensure the quality you need.
When it comes to tools, we know that versatility and dependability are what you need. As such, we stock a variety of mainstay and specialist tools to suit any application. Whether you're a professional electrician, plumber, builder or DIY enthusiast, RS PRO is here to support you.
View full details