From our trusted RS PRO brand, these heavy-duty ratchet action cable cutters are ideal for single-core and multistrand cable alike. With a powerful double pawl ratchet, the cable cutter can adjust to many cable sizes, allow quick and neat cutting of non-armoured cables. The resulting smooth cutting action provides a clean cut with no crushing or warping of the cable.
With ergonomic handles and two-stage ratchet driving, the cable cutters are able to deliver an efficient cut with low effort, and can be operated one-handed. The handles also features slipguards to prevent pinching.
Features and Benefits
• Pump action, heavy-duty cable cutter with a powerful double pawl ratchet jaw closure
• Relatively small physical size allows for easy access & handling compared with longer lever types with a similar cutting capacity
• Polyethylene handle grips for comfort over long periods of use
• Shears cables smoothly and efficiently
• High-grade carbon steel blade
• Not suitable for steel wire armour cable
• Heat treated to HRC: 35 – 45 (rivet and cover) Cutting Blades hrc 52 to 56
• Steel frame and construction HV: 500 to 600
What is the cutting capacity?
• Copper and aluminium cable up to 240mm² AWG 600 mgm
• Diameter of wire 32 mm
• Net weight 600 gms
• Lapped steel wire up to 20 mm diameter
This cable cutter is able to neatly cut non-armored cables within its size range. As such, it is highly versatile and can be used in any application where cables need to be cut. From maintenance to cable installation in domestic, commercial and industrial environments, these heavy-duty cable cutters are ideal.
Why RS PRO?
RS PRO aims to be your go-to brand for reliability and value for money. We source high-quality parts at great prices and test everything with our in-house experts to ensure the quality you need.
When it comes to tools, we know that versatility and dependability are what you need. As such, we stock a variety of mainstay and specialist tools to suit any application. Whether you're a professional electrician, plumber, builder or DIY enthusiast, RS PRO is here to support you.
View full details