RS Pro ratchet crimp tool, designed for use with butt splice connectors, copper tube and open end terminals. This crimp tool give a professional finish every time making sure there is a strong connection between wires and terminals. Supports wire size range of 0.3 to 16 mm2 and has a ratchet incorporated into the design of the tool that will not release until the dies are fully closed ensuring full crimping is achieved.
Features and Benefits
• Supports 22 - 0.3 to 16 mm2 wire size
• Suitable for crimping copper tubular terminals
• Features crimping indents conveniently marked with the wire size ranges
• Comfortable grip
• Provides two-hand grip in the final phase of crimping, increasing comfort and productivity
• Maintenance & repair
• Electrical Installations
• Cable assemblies
How easy are they to use?
They are very easy to use with either hand, there is no formal training required for this crimper. Simply slide the terminal onto the prepared wired, place into the hole of the crimp and squeeze the handles together, use both hands if required.
How do you maintain the product?
• Movable parts should be regularly lubricated.
• Lubrication* is recommended at least every 10,000 cycles whenever the tool is exposed to contaminants.
The Importance of a High-Quality Crimp
When a crimping tool is used on a terminal, two crimps take place at the same time. One is the electrical connection between the conductor and terminal. The other is the insulation crimp which provides strain relief against vibration and tension. It is important that the electrical connection is gas-tight without any voids between the wire strands and the terminal. If there any voids present, then corrosion can occur causing resistance and excessive heat which damages the electrical connection. Using a good quality crimping tool will ensure that a full, gas-tight crimp is produced preventing future deterioration of the electrical connection and insulation breakage.
View full details