These RS Pro, professional, heavy-duty handheld terminal crimping tool with an adjustable indent crimp from 10mm2 to 95mm2 has been designed with professionals in mind and manufactured from high-quality materials.
Frame made from high-quality steel guarantee durability and long life operation. Ergonomically designed and cushioned handles offer safety and are comfortable to use even for a long period of time.
This Heavy duty hand held crimper is suitable for use with aluminium terminals (8AWG - 4/0) and copper terminals (8AWG - 250MCM).
Features and Benefits:
• High-quality steel tool body for excellent strength and long tool life
• Cushioned handles to reduce slipping and increase the comfort of use
• Suitable for crimping aluminium and copper terminals
• Maintenance & repair
• Electrical Installations
• Cable assemblies
What is the difference between un-insulated and insulated crimp tools?
Un-insulated crimp tools are typically used for general applications, whereas the insulated crimp tools have been VDE tested up to 1000 V, designed for use where electrical current is present.
How do you maintain the product?
• Axles and other movable parts should be regularly lubricated.
• Lubrication* is recommended at least every 10,000 cycles whenever the tool is exposed to contaminants.
• Adjustment of the crimping die nests should also be checked. Readjustment of the pressure adjustment axle is necessary when the pre-load of the tool decreases significantly.
The Importance of a High-Quality Crimp
When a crimping tool is used on a terminal, two crimps take place at the same time. One is the electrical connection between the conductor and terminal. The other is the insulation crimp which provides strain relief against vibration and tension. It is important that the electrical connection is gas-tight without any voids between the wire strands and the terminal. If there any voids present, then corrosion can occur causing resistance and excessive heat which damages the electrical connection. Using a good quality crimping tool will ensure that a full, gas-tight crimp is produced preventing future deterioration of the electrical connection and insulation breakage.
View full details