A cookie is a small text file that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is associated with this information.
What type of cookies do HSS use?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third Party Cookies
- Google cookies allow us to use Google Analytics to measure web performance an advertising
- Bing cookies allow us to use Big Webmaster tools to measure web performance and advertising.
- To improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising. We also share cookie and other data with Google and Facebook entities to make our advertising more relevant to you.
- We use Zopim to provide a live customer service chat function on our site. Zopim requires two cookies, the first stores 'Zopim Live Chat ID' to identify the device during visits. The second store's user's preference to disable Live Chat.
- YouTube can place cookies on your device if you watch videos on our website embedded from YouTube.
- SurveyMonkey cookies allow us to drive our business forward by using an online survey tool to capture our customers' voices and opinions.
- Flipsnack cookies allow customers to view our HTML5 flipbooks online for free in the form of interactive brochures, magazines & catalogues.
- These cookies allow us to use LinkedIn Platforms to measure web performance and advertising.
- Woosmap cookies allow us to help use your location to provide you with the nearest branch.
- SessionCam provides session replays, advanced website heat maps, conversion funnels and form analytics to help us make our website more usable for you.
How do I manage and control cookies?You block cookies by deactivating your browser's setting that offers this function, if you do opt to change your browser setting (blocking essential and non-essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.