(“the Sites") which are run by HSS Hire Group Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 644490 (“the Company”) of 25 Willow Lane, Mitcham, Surrey, United Kingdom CR4 4TS. You will see the Company referred to as HSS Hire, HSS Training, HSS Sales, HSS Skips, ABIRD Power Solutions, APEX Power Solutions, UK Platforms Powered Access, Reintec, TecServ, All Seasons Hire and HSS Hire Service Group Limited on our Sites.
What type of information does the Company collect and why?
When you visit our Sites, we may automatically collect standard internet and website log information and details of patterns about how website visitors behave. The information we may collect includes information about your Internet Service Provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device), your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request and the date and time of those requests. This may allow us to find out which parts of the Sites are popular or need changing.
The Sites allow you to interact with the Company in many ways, including where you choose to:
- contact us by phone or by using our ‘Request a call back’ facility by providing your telephone number or by sending us a text message;
- use our ‘live chat’ facility to speak to one of our customer service advisors;
- create a trade account (and become an ‘HSS Account Customer’), a registered user or non-trade customer account;
- sign up to receive our various newsletters by email;
- obtain a quote for hire of our products or services, e.g. obtain a quote for skip hire by providing us with your email address and information about the type and volume and waste you would like to dispose of;
- purchase our products or services;
- book a place on an HSS Training course and/or share information about our training programmes with people you think may be interested in our courses;
- apply for a job with the Group, including submitting an online job application (and/or your CV); and
- be notified of products and/or services that may be of interest to you (based on your purchase history or browsing of our Sites).
If you want to use any of these services, you may need to provide us with some additional personal information so that we can liaise with you in order to deal with your request, query, purchase, quotation request, booking, application and/or customer account registration. If you do choose to provide us with your personal information, we will collect that information for our own use and for the purposes described in this Policy.
What type of personal information does the Company collect?
Where you choose to provide personal details to us, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- your full name and date of birth;
- your business and home contact details e.g. address, telephone numbers (including your mobile telephone number) and e-mail address;
- details of the reason(s) for your contact, as set out above;
- if you create a customer account - your username, password and details of the product(s) and/or service(s) that you add to your “basket” (so that you can be notified should the checkout process not complete);
- if you make a request for a quotation or an order for hire/purchase/supply of services using the Sites:
- financial account information, such as credit/debit card number and other payment information; and
- delivery information which may include your home or work address and telephone number;
- if you submit a job application to us:
- your employment history, qualifications, references and other relevant employment details you choose to submit to us as part of any job application; and
- any personal data such as your date of birth and national insurance (and which may also include sensitive personal data) which is contained within your curriculum vitae and/or other supporting documentation provided with (or instead of) your job application form;
- if you book a place on one of our training courses:
- financial account information, such as credit/debit card number and other payment information; and
- to the extent that you feel it may be difficult for you to take part in the training and/or complete any assessments as a result, relevant information about your language and/or literacy ability and your health and/or fitness;
- your contact and marketing preferences; these can be managed at https://sites.hss.com/preferences/customer
- if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways - demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you
- information necessary for legal compliance; and/or
- where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us, but we may also collect it where lawful to do so from (and combine it with information from) public sources, third party service providers, individuals who you have indicated have agreed for you to provide their personal information, government, tax or law enforcement agencies and other third parties. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of other Company or Group websites or services.
How does the Company use information about you?
The Company may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on our Sites or with our services. For example, we may use information about you for the following purposes:
- to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
- to process and administer your booking request(s), hire request(s) or order(s) of our products and/or services;
- to improve our products and services and to ensure that content from the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device);
- to administer the Sites;
- for internal record keeping;
- to contact you (directly, either by the Company, Group or through a relevant partner or agent) by e-mail or phone for any of the above reasons;
- subject to your consent where required under applicable laws, to carry out direct marketing and/or e-mail marketing;
- to evaluate any job application(s) you choose to submit to us and for the administration of the recruitment process following receipt of your application (where your application is successful);
- where you inform us that you feel it may be difficult for you to take part in the training and/or complete any assessments as a result of your language and/or literacy ability and your health and/or fitness, to make any reasonable adjustments which may be necessary to assist your completion of such courses;
- where necessary as part of any restructuring of the Company or sale of the Company’s business or assets;
- to perform any contract the Company has with you; and
- for compliance with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate. Some of the personal information that the Company maintains will be kept in paper files, while other personal information will be included in computerised files and electronic databases as set out in more detail below.
In most cases, the information the Company processes about you is required to deal with your enquiry, order(s) for hire or account registration, or required by law, or is necessary for the exercise of the Company’s legitimate business interests and needs.
The Company may also use your personal data (normally on an aggregated statistical basis) for research and analysis to improve Company performance. In addition, the Company may use pixels or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising.
Does the Company share personal information with third parties?
Your personal information will be made available for the purposes mentioned above (or as otherwise notified to you from time to time), on a ‘need-to-know’ basis and only to responsible management, accounting, legal, logistics, audit, compliance, information technology and other corporate staff who properly need to know these details for their functions within the Company. Please note that certain individuals who will see your personal information may not be based at the Group or in your country (please see below).
We may share personal information within the Group as needed for reasonable management, analysis, planning and decision making, including in relation to taking decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our product and service offering, order or customer request fulfilment and for use by those companies for the other purposes described in this Policy.
Your personal information may also be made available to third parties (within or outside the Company or Group) providing relevant services under contract to the Company, or the Group (see below for further details), such as marketing agencies, credit card processors, auditors and compliance managers, providers of call centres and IT hosting and IT maintenance providers. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party other than as part of any restructuring of the Company or Group or sale of a relevant Group business.
Will your personal information be transferred abroad?
Some transfers of personal information to third party recipients have been explained above. Individuals within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) should be aware that such recipients of their personal information, within the Company or third parties (as set out in this notice), may not be located within the EEA but instead located in countries which do not have equivalent protection for personal information to that within the EEA. Steps will be taken to protect your personal information in that instance consistent with applicable law.
What choices does the Company offer you with regard to direct marketing?
The Company may wish to provide you with information about new products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you and may invite you to take part in market research or request feedback on our products and services and the Company’s products and services. This communication may occur by e-mail, telephone, post or SMS. We will obtain your consent and advise you of how to opt-out of receiving such communications where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law, for example by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any email that we send to you or by emailing email@example.com
What safeguards are in place to protect your personal information?
While we take efforts to safeguard your personal information which are consistent with relevant laws, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee absolutely the security of any personal information you disclose online.
What rights do you have to review and amend personal information?
You have the right to review your personal information held by the Company (including any profiling information) and have certain inaccurate information about you corrected. Under UK law, a request for access to your personal data needs to be in writing and accompanied by the statutory fee (£10).
If you wish to do so, or to contact the Company in respect of its data processing activities, please contact The Company Secretary, HSS Hire Services Group Limited, 25, Willow Lane, Mitcham, Surrey CR4 4TS
Keeping you informed
We will keep your details on record until we have completely dealt with your request, enquiry or application and then for a reasonable period afterwards, in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
The Company may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and will then endeavour to delete your details in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
Changes to this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. The date at the top of this Policy will be updated accordingly.
We encourage you to check the date of this Policy when you visit the Sites for any updates or changes. We will notify you of any modified versions of this Policy that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information.
By using our Sites, submitting your personal information to us, registering an account, registering a customer credit account or interacting with us in other ways, you consent to the use of your personal information as described in this Policy (as amended from time to time).
This Policy only extends to the Sites and does not, therefore, extend to your use of, provision of data to and collection of data on any website not connected to us to which you may link by using the hypertext links within this website.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit an HSS website, a small file called a cookie will be saved on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow HSS to make its web site more useful by storing information about your preferences. For example, cookies make it easier for you to log on and use the website during future visits. Cookies do not personally identify an Internet user, although they do identify a user's computer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you wish, you can set your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies. The 'help' portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, by disabling cookies, you may not be able to access all of the features on the site.
HSS websites may issue Cookies for the following purposes:
- Analytics - allow us to monitor how people use the website and optimize our content accordingly to improve user experience
- Login settings and preferences - in order for us to remember your preferences after logging in
- Remarketing - in order for us to re-advertise to you when you are browsing other websites
- Email marketing - in order for us to tailor our email messages to make them more relevant based on how you use the website
HSS may send you an email to notify you about your recent Reservation. HSS may also send you email to inform you about HSS offers, updates and features as well as those of our affiliates and partners. You may of course choose at any time to not receive email from HSS by sending a request to email@example.com.