Following the latest announcements [04/01/21] concerning lockdowns across the UK, we’d like to reassure you that HSS remains open to support you, safely. Our branches are all open but please note that until further notice we are not permitting any customers inside our buildings. Please order your kit online (or via email/telephone if you have a trade account) and follow the COVID-safe delivery or click and collect instructions you are given.
From order confirmation, right through to equipment handover, we’ll keep you up to date and guide you safely through the hire process. HSS remains committed to supporting our customers fully through these difficult times.
Click and collect:
Customers can visit any one of over 90+ click and collect locations (by appointment only) to pick up equipment in a safe, socially distanced manner. If you're in England or Wales, we’ll send you an order confirmation email with a link to our click and collect appointment portal. Here, you can specify a pick-up time that suits you and we’ll have your kit ready and waiting when you arrive. If you're based in Scotland or Northern Ireland, one of our colleagues will give you a call prior to you attending a branch to book your pick up time (to ensure Social Distancing can be enforced). From the moment you order to when you return the kit, we’ll guide you safely through.
Please do not attend an HSS branch without an appointment, as we will not be able to serve you. Click here to find out more.
Guidance - Face Coverings
- Customers and other visitors will be required to wear a face covering at all times whilst on HSS Hire Group permises.
- Customers and visitors are expected to provide their own face coverings; however HSS will have disposable masks available for those who do not have their own.
- Signage on face coverings will be at the entrance of all HSS Hire Group locations.
HSS is here to help you and we’re ready to support you in implementing COVID-secure standards in the workplace. From PPE equipment, queue control, lift and shift gear, wash stations and sanitisation solutions, we have the equipment you need and can help you implement hygiene and social distancing to make your workplace as safe as possible.
As the needs of our customers evolve over this difficult period, we are working hard to offer the best service we can, in the safest possible way. We are now able to offer a click and collect services in more than 90+ locations nationwide. We have taken extensive precautions to ensure the process is contact-free, click here to find out more. Deliveries and collections to and from site are also now contact-free, as detailed below.
HSS Transport COVID-19 Delivery Process
- Your delivery driver will call prior to delivering to confirm a plan of action with you
- Equipment delivered will be cleaned and sanitised using a sanitiser spray with particular attention to the touch points such as handles or triggers
- Upon arrival on site, your driver will again phone you to agree a suitable location to drop off equipment ordered. Social distancing must be in place of at least 2m from the HSS Driver
- Once equipment is dropped into a safe area the driver will take a photo of the equipment. This photo will be included on the Proof of Delivery which will be emailed to you on completion of the delivery
- The driver will then sign their smartphone on your behalf to log the delivery as complete and leave site
HSS Transport COVID-19 Collection Process
- At the end of the hire period, we will call you prior to collection to confirm a plan of action
- Upon arrival on site, your driver will again phone you to agree a safe area from which to collect the equipment. Social distancing must be in place of at least 2m from the HSS Driver
- Equipment to be collected will be cleaned and sanitised using a sanitiser spray, with particular attention to the touch points such as handles or triggers, to safely load and store it in our vehicle
- Once equipment is collected from a safe area the driver will take a photo of the equipment. This photo will be included on the Proof of Collection which will be emailed to you on completion
- The driver will then sign their smartphone on your behalf to log the collection as complete and leave site
NEW LOW DELIVERY CHARGES
All online orders now charge a set fee of £5 each way for the delivery and collection of your HSS equipment. Meaning, as long as you’re less than 30 miles from the HSS branch fulfilling your order you’ll only be charged £10. If you’re more than 30 miles away, delivery and collections will now be charged at a flat rate of just £15 each way, no matter how much equipment you hire from us or how far away you are. Simply place your order at hss.com or in our app and the new transport fees will automatically be applied at check-out.
- Offer is only valid for DIY customers without a HSS Trade Account. Offer only applies if the delivery and collection location remains the same and is less than 30 miles from the delivering HSS branch (which will be determined at HSS’s sole discretion). Delivery/collection over 30 miles will be charged at £15.00 each way. Mainland UK only, offer excludes Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, and selected Scottish Highlands and Islands locations. This offer does not apply to all HSS Hire Group businesses. HSS reserves the right to cancel or amend this offer at any time. All orders are subject to HSS Terms & Conditions, available at hss.com.
If you don’t have an HSS trade account, please order online at hss.com or via our app. If you do have a trade account you can of course also order using your usual email and telephone contacts. We’re asking, where possible, to please order through one of our digital channels. Not only will you have a great experience, it allows our team to prepare your hire and keep our operations moving. If you need assistance when ordering online, you can speak with one of our Live Chat Experts by clicking the ‘chat to us now’ button on our website.
Are branches still open to collect orders?
In more than 90+ locations nationwide we’re open for Click and Collect orders. To find out which locations are open, head to hss.com. At check-out, you can see which branches are open near you. To find out more about our COVID-19 processes, please click here.
We’re constantly reviewing our open locations in accordance with the latest guidance. Please do not go to a HSS location without a scheduled appointment, you may not be served.
How does a contact free collection or delivery work?
To find out more about our COVID-19 processes, please click here.
Can I pay by cash?
No, payment is currently accepted by card or account only. This has been done to protect both colleagues and customers.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes, usually a deposit is needed for non-account customers. We will be in touch prior to delivery to take a deposit payment and confirm ID checks. Without this, your order will not arrive.
How do I contact you?
On LiveChat: On HSS.com, simply type a message into the chat window you will see at the bottom right of the page. One of our LiveChat Agents will respond and assist you, but please be patient as we are receiving a larger than normal volume of enquires.
By telephone: call your local branch: https://www.hss.com/hire/find-a-branch
- Orders: Email your local branch, details can be found here: https://www.hss.com/hire/find-a-branch
- OneCall: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website technical support: email@example.com
Are all products available online?
The majority of our products are currently available online. If you need something but cannot find it, let us know using LiveChat.
Can I still open a trade account?
Yes, to apply for a trade account visit https://www.hss.com/hire/pre-register
Why is your warehouse still open?
We are carefully following all government advice and guidance and have put safety measures in place for all of our colleagues at our depots. We've taken additional steps to protect our teams as they work to support our customers. As well as ensuring social distancing in our depots and during delivery and collection, we have reduced shift numbers, staggering break and shift times, and have increased our already high standard of hygiene with more cleaning teams each shift, regular deep cleans and readily available hand sanitiser.
How much does delivery or collection cost?
Our rates for delivery and collection vary depending on your location; you'll receive a quote when you place your reservation. Deliveries are normally made from Monday morning until Saturday at noon. Please note, stores in Scotland are not currently operating deliveries or click and collect orders on Saturdays. Deliveries and collections under 30 miles from depot are £5 each way. Over 30 miles from our depot there is a charge of £15 plus VAT each way for delivering to or collection from an address. For large and towed equipment, additional charges may apply; these will be quoted before your hire or purchase is confirmed.